Saturday, November 20, 2010

I woke up to 2 or 3 inches of snow yesterday morning but we are headed back to 55 degrees Monday. I took skis over to the mountain to get mounted. They are just waiting for cold weather....well, the new paint in the rental shop is not finished yet and things are a mess but it will be good soon. I am in the middle of a quick trip to Woods Hole, MA with my family. My sister in law and her mother live there and it has been a long time since I have been there to visit. My wife and daughter go there pretty often but I seem to always have other things to do. It looks like we are going to walk down to the ferry and go to Martha's Vineyard for lunch. I am reading the newest issue of Ski magazine that has a really good section on How to raise a skier by Edith Thys Morgan (my favorite ski writer). Unfortunately, almost all of it is about the big mountains but there is a Small is Good article on the back page by Warren Miller. While Warren sings the praises of small ski areas, he can't resist reminding us that he himself skis on a 3000 ft vertical private club. One of the many differences between Warren and I is that I am living the Small is Good thing almost everyday I ski!

No comments:

Post a Comment