Monday, January 16, 2023

Some bigger mountains!

As the early season got underway in the east, I made a few trips to some bigger mountains. The small mountains were not anywhere near open. I went to Whiteface right after Thanksgiving...not too much open but pretty good skiing. I caught a great day!
Here is a shot from the top looking down on Little Whiteface!
A week later, I went up to Sunday River for a few days with athletes (and families) from our ski club. We have been going up after Thanksgiving for about 6 years...we took one off for covid.
It is such a great ski area..I love going there. It was a little "narrow" but we had fun. This was the least open the mountain was in the 6 trips we have made.
Here are some of the athletes with Mount Washington way in the background!

On the way back, I stopped at Killington to work as a course conductor at the PSIE-E ProJam. Killington, again, had a lot of the mountain still to get open. Superstar was in great shape as this was 2 weeks after the world cup races. I had a great 5 days of skiing!

All for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment