Thursday, December 9, 2010

My first day is almost here!

Well, we have had almost 2 feet of new snow in the last 4 days. Labrador Mountain will open Friday. Yesterday, I had to run some errands in Ithaca (about 20 miles from here). There is only  trace of snow there. Ithaca was out of the snow action. All the snow is from the lake effect bands off Lake Ontario that have been pounding Syracuse this week putting it up on the national weather channel radar (literally and figuratively). Lots of schools closed but not our district... my daughter was not too happy that the road crews kept things open and running. Anyway, I believe I will be able to take some runs on Friday. I may have to wait until my daughter gets home from school so she can come too. This weekend we will train with the race team and then it is off to Vermont for some relatively big mountain skiing for the week followed by a clinic in Pennsylvania next weekend (back to small mountain). So, after waiting for a while for it to start, it will start with a bang...10 days in a row on skis! Here we go..

No comments:

Post a Comment